Halloween is Every Day: Selfie Zombie


Here's another product of my efforts to improve my abilities in inking and coloring. I've finally found an inking technique that I'm comfortable with, so now it's just down to perfecting the details. This image was drawn with pencil, then inked with Prismacolor Premier and painted with Faber-Castell PITT Brush Markers and acrylic paint.

Personally, I'm kind of fond of this image, not only with the way it turned out but also with the subject matter. I've often wondered what zombies think about when there are no brains around. If one found a mirror, would he have the self awareness to recognize his own reflection? Or would it simply be entertained and confused by the moving image in the glass, kind of like a parakeet?

#drawing #art #sketching #markerart #fantasy #zombie #penandink #chattanooga #graphicarts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Sketchbook: Scrooge's Counting House

Every Day is Halloween: Drowned Zombie

Revenge of the Sketchbook: September, Issue #01