Halloween is Every Day: Crawler Zombie

"Nothing is more disturbing to the mind than a corruption of the human form..."
                                                                                                 - Josiah Pilgrim, Brother Death

Still giving it my all to improve my work. Today, I've been working on my inking technique, which has been, in the past, kind of sloppy. Here, I'm using a combination of techniques - the three line draftsman technique and the hatching technique. The draftsman technique used a well-defined line thickness hierarchy to represent certain features. The outline of the figure, called the silhouette line, is the thickest of the three and is used to separate the figure from the background. Brush tip markers work well for this and can add variable thickness to give the silhouette line life. A medium thickness line is used to draw the general features of the character, such as clothes, the face, the hair, and so on. I use a 0.5 thickness Prismacolor Premiere for this. Details and hatching are drawn with the thinnest lines, like my 0.05 ultra fine Prismacolor Scholar.

The nice thing about spending all this time practicing figure drawing is that when you're done, you can put it to good use and draw some zombies. I think it's pretty obvious what killed this guy the first time...

#drawing #sketching #penandink #fantasy #zombie #art #illustration #comicart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Sketchbook: Scrooge's Counting House

Every Day is Halloween: Drowned Zombie

Revenge of the Sketchbook: September, Issue #01