November Sketchbook: Dragons!


Okay, so obviously, November's sketchbook topic is (trumpet fanfare) DRAGONS! And by dragons, I mean all kinds - like this nasty-tempered fellow from Skyrim. To get a sense of the scale of this aerial terror, click on the image to enlarge it and take a look at the two figures on top of the right-hand tower. Those battlements belong to Solitude, and those are Stormcloak archers. I think it's safe to say their arrows are mostly useless against this monster. Quickly! Summon the Dragonborn!

I'm not going to put too many restrictions on this month's #sketchbook. Any medium will be acceptable, so long as the image is in the official book. I've found that I prefer the rich versatility of graphite. The level of detail that can be achieved is just tremendous. My preferred sketch pencil is a Faber-Castell draftsman with a very hard lead, coupled with Pro Art's PRO Series pencils for shading. I also use SAKURA Pigma Sensei Manga Pens and Berol Prismacolor colored pencils.

#drawing #sketching #pencildrawing #dragon #NovemberSketchbook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Sketchbook: Scrooge's Counting House

Every Day is Halloween: Drowned Zombie

Revenge of the Sketchbook: September, Issue #01