NERF N-Strike Elite Cosplay Conversion Mod


It's already time to start thinking about the 2015 Zombie Walk to benefit Feed the Humans. Last year's Baron Samedhi costume was a huge hit, but this year I thought I might try something a little different. How about a bit of steampunk mayhem? Given the popularity of books and movies like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, my accomplice and I have decided to be the hunters instead of the hunted. Let the modding begin!

The image above is a sketch I made of the Hammershot, part of the Nerf N-Strike Elite, Zombie Strike Series. I have one of these little joys and it still works famously. The plan is to alter the Hammershot to make it resemble a more realistic weapon suitable for a monster hunter. With the digital sketch, I can test drive different mods without destroying the weapon.

I have to say that when rendered in black and white instead of safety orange and stripped of the Nerf logos, this so-called toy looks much less like a toy and more like a serious weapon. A little research revealed that the plastic nose piece and support bar are mostly cosmetic and to a large extent can be removed without compromising the functionality of the weapon. I also discovered instructions to modify the barrel to accommodate any dart, not just the green Zombie Strike darts.

I think my favorite design so far is the gunblade. Comments?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Sketchbook: Scrooge's Counting House

Every Day is Halloween: Drowned Zombie

Revenge of the Sketchbook: September, Issue #01