Sketchbook, 01/01/2018


My latest composition, entitled "Have a Smoke". Drawn with graphite and PITT charcoal on 80 lb. cold press paper.

I don't smoke except for the occasional cigar, so all I can say about this composition is that I've been working at a gas station. I guess staring at tobacco products all day was my inspiration. Maybe I should do a whole series of compositions using only things I find at work. It wold definitely be different.

Not that I'm drawing while I'm supposed to be working, you understand. In this case, I took a few pictures on my phone of different items and then went home and recreated the scene in my studio. It's probably not the most awesome art you've seen today, but it's definitely unique.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Sketchbook: Scrooge's Counting House

Every Day is Halloween: Drowned Zombie

Revenge of the Sketchbook: September, Issue #01