Musings From the Great Hall


Ermac, Thane of Falkreath
Original Sketch - graphite pencil on cold pressed paper

I was wandering the wilds of Whiterun the other day when I had the thought that my escapades as Thane of Falkreath might make a successful sitcom. While my life as Thane lacked romance, it was slop running over with action, intrigue, adventure, and good old fashioned redneck brawling. Throw in a few pretty maids and a grand, mystical landscape, and you've got the makings of the next Lord of the Rings.

Strangely, completing this work was especially difficult. I knew what I wanted, but for some reason, I had trouble translating that vision onto paper. I made a few preliminary sketches before finally settling on this, a sort of "mid-swing" pose with some excellent movement. While you may be drawn to stare at his angry face, your eye can't help but follow his arm down to the nasty looking mace he's holding. The immediate impression is that you're about to need a medic.

The background was created from a screen shot that was processed in Adobe Photoshop to give it a more "graphic novel" appearance. Overall, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December Sketchbook: Scrooge's Counting House

Every Day is Halloween: Drowned Zombie

Revenge of the Sketchbook: September, Issue #01